Dr Joseph Barker
- Job title: Royal Society University Research Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Bragg Building 301A
- Areas of expertise: Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
Dr Joseph Barker joined the Condensed Matter Group upon taking up his Royal Society University Research Fellowship in October 2018. His research is in the fields of magnetism and spintronics, using simulation and theory to understand complex magnetic materials and their dynamics.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=55mINfgAAAAJ&hl=en
- 10/2014 – 09/2018: Assistant Professor, Theoretical Physics Group, Institute for Materials Research (IMR), Tohoku University, Japan (Prof. Gerrit Bauer)
- 05/2014 – 09/2014: Postdoctoral researcher, WPI – Advanced Institute for Materials Research (AIMR),
Tohoku University, Japan (Prof. Eiji Saitoh, Prof. Gerrit Bauer)
- 02/2014 – 04/2014: Postdoctoral researcher, Center for Materials for Information Technology (MINT), University of Alabama, USA (Dr Oleg Mryasov)
- 2009-2013: PhD in Physics at University of York, UK
Thesis: Atomistic Models of Magnetic Systems with Combined Ferromagnetic and Antiferromagnetic Order
Supervisor: Prof. Roy Chantrell
- 2005-2009: MPhys, Theoretical Physics (Hons) First Class at University of York, UK
My research is supported by the Royal Society and EPSRC.